Monday 25 October 2010

Joy, Sex, Pleasure, Contentedness...

What is happiness?
Love, they tell me.
But love doesn't bring and never has brought happiness.
On the contrary, it's a constant state of anxiety,
a battlefield; it's sleepless nights,
asking ourselves all the time if we're doing the right thing.
Real love is composed of ecstasy and agony.
I spent a lot of my life looking for happiness.
Now what I want is joy.
Joy is like sex - it begins and ends.
I want pleasure. I want to be contented.
But happiness? I no longer fall into that trap.

The Witch of Portobello
Paulo Coelho

1 comment:

  1. Then you fall in love you unconscious seeking for qualities in your self what you more clearly see in your object for love. To fall in love you have to be open for feelings, what means you have to "close" for rational thinking.

    If you are willing to go through this period of intense self development so in the end, bonus of being more whole person is awaiting for you.

    I'm contented already. I want feel LIFE - Love, Pleasure, Joy, Passion.... ;-) isn't it makes us feel alive?

    ReplyDelete